Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What Fun

I had a great time on my trip/adventure.  I came home happy and relaxed.  I loved the time spent with my friend J.  We enjoyed four days in Portland, Oregon.  Let me tell you a little about it.

We eat at so many good restaurants.  We had sea food twice that was just delicious.  We had barbecue another night that was heavenly and my personal favorite was the prime rib.  We found a country club steak house and ate there.  I am not sure how we pulled it off but we did. Our waiter, we will call him Jeeves was well lets just say my name describes him well. We had a lovely appetizer  cheese plate followed by salad followed by garlic mashed potatoes and a 10 oz prime rib that was wonderful.  I also had the best wine spritzer I think I have ever had!  I topped it off with cheese cake topped with lemon curd and blue berries.  What a fun evening we had.

We shopped down town Portland and made it to the famous Powell's Books.  We also hit several outlet malls while out and about.  Sunday morning was spent at the beautiful Chinese Garden and that included a tea house that looked out onto the gardens.  Of course we had tea and biscuits.  We rode the metro to the end of the line just because we could!  We also spent two hours at Ikea.  We arrived on a "seize the day" promotion and received a free breakfast.  It fueled us for our two hour wonder through the store.

Monday was spent at Cannon Beach walking the shore line in our long sleeve t-shirts basking in the sunshine and blue skies.  The rest of the afternoon was spent on a  drive up the coast and back through Washington along the Columbia river.

We ate well, talked and caught up and laughed a lot.  It was a true blessing and a privilege to spend time with my friend J.

Thanks for the memories!

Mrs. Potts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear!!!

I'm soooo happy for you and J! Woooo Hoooo!