Saturday, May 31, 2008

Surprise

I along with my mother-in-law pulled off a wonderful surprise on the family. My mother-in-law and I arranged for her to come for a visit. My mother-in-law lives in Phoenix and we live in Boise. No one in the family was aware she was coming. I love a good surprise and this was one of them. I called H.P. and invited him to join me for lunch on Thursday. H.P. as I expected accepted the invitation (who would want to turn down a lunch date with me not H.P.) I told him I was coming his way to do a few errands and would call him when I was done. I headed to the airport picked up my mother-in-law and called H.P. and arranged to meet for lunch. We arrived first and waited until H.P. parked and got out then we got out and I said hello and he turned and looked at me and looked again and was like hey that's my Mom - it was a great surprise and H.P. was excited to see his Mom and know she was staying for a few days. During lunch H.P. kept smiling and shaking his head. It still did not seem real to him. Now to the kids, Psymon walked in the door from school and saw his Oma sitting on the couch and being the cool 14 year old that he is casually says HI. That's it no other response. A few minutes later after getting some food (he is a growing teen you know) he does think to ask Oma how long she is staying. Now Joyful comes home about 15 minutes later walks in the door sees her Oma on the couch, drops her bags starts to scream and jump up and down and gives her Oma a big hug. Joyful's response is well Joyful - so fitting.

We are all having a great time with Mom, mother-in-law Oma. She will be staying with us until Monday. We have already packed in alot. Thursday night we attended Psymon's last band concert at the middle school. He moves onto high school in the fall. It was a great concert and Mission Impossible was my favorite number performed. Friday I and my mother-in-law did a little shopping. Made it to a few stores I had been wanting to visit and had the perfect excuse to now. We played cards in the afternoon, barbecued a nice dinner and had a fire in our fire pit last night. We made some yummy smores and were outside enjoying the fire till after 11:00 p.m.

We are off today to H.P.'s aunts 80Th birthday celebration. I'll fill you in on the details later. Have a great day, enjoy a cuppa and check back for more updates.

No comments: