Friday, July 18, 2008

Warm Lake

I noticed that I have been home almost a week and have not posted. I think I liked the thought that I was still on vacation up at the lake even though I was not. Like a few people we ran into up at the lake and I quote them "Warm Lake is not a place its a state of mind" "cant you feel the love". I will let you ponder that and wonder just as I did what these happy folks had been drinking. Let me just say I don't think it was Tea! We met them on one of our evening walks around the lake.

The week at Warm Lake was oh soooooooo very relaxing. I started and finished two books, worked some on a knitting project and relaxed by the lake. Joyful and Psymon enjoyed what we called dock surfing and boating. As boats would pass near our dock the waves would come in and rock the parked boat and or dock. The nearer the boat was to the dock the greater the waves that followed. Joyful really enjoyed this activity and even got her Nana hooked on it. Not to be out down HP and I saw our opportunity and ran to the dock and surfed the waves one night after a boat passed by. We must have looked totally stupid arms and feet spread apart (just like standing on a surf board) but we had a great time. Made me feel like a kid again.

You know I can't post with out mentioning Tea. Yes we had plenty of tea up at Warm Lake. We started with tea first thing in the morning. Most mornings were two cuppas. Tea was often served at 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. as well. Now when you serve mid-day you serve it with a biscuits. We had some great biscuits for dunking and enjoying. We also had a few extra cups at various times for good measure.

Oh the lake is calling me back, unfortunately I am stuck in reality where I must live. But I will hang on to my memories of that wonderful week and continue to ponder "Warm Lake its not a place its a state of mind" Maybe just maybe they are on to something with that statement. Off to fix a cup of tea and ponder that.

Mrs. Potts

No comments: