Friday, July 25, 2008

In My Defense

So if you have not read Psymons post, this post will not make sense to you. If you want to read it go to welcometosomewhere.blogspot.com and you will understand.

I really do feel after reading Psymons post I simply must clarify a few things. You have heard Psymons side now hear the real/rest of the story. As Psymon said he has entered the slimy world of contacts. This is not an easy world to navigate at first. It takes lots and lots of practice and with time it becomes much easier. Both Psymon and Joyful expressed an interest in switching from glasses to contacts. Being the wonderful Mom that I am I made it happen. I booked the eye exams and drove them to the appointments. Joyful after a few tries took to the contacts well. She still struggles but is sticking with it. Psymon as you know struggled. Now here are some clarifications on the story 1) the first day we were there for 2.5 hours. I give Psymon credit he really stuck with it and gave it his A game. 2) I was not the only one offering words of encouragement - we had two other sales associates offering there advice, opinion and own personal stories and opinions. 3) We had another customer offer words of encouragement with its so much easier for girls as they are used to touching there eyes putting on make-up. It is so much harder for boys. My question is why did my dear Psymon not want to yell at any of them?

Now to the next issue - Sonic. I had been out off the house since 8:15 a.m. I had spent another hour with Psymon while he tried to get his contacts in. Yes he did folks get them in and one of them out! We then went to one of my least favorite stores Wal*mart and purchased what we needed. The time was now 3:45 and Joyful told me as we got in the car she had left her phone at Nana's. Oh my, so we head that direction and looking down the road I see a train stopping traffic and out of the other eye I see Sonic and ten minutes left of "happy hour". So I am hot, tired and a cool wonderful Mom and I pull into the Sonic. Yes there were cheers for this detour. This should only take a couple minutes right. Wrong oh so wrong! We ordered pulled up and waited. Please remember I was hot and tired and I just wanted to go home to my air conditioned house. I started to complain just a little bit about why would people be ordering food during happy hour. I mean its happy hour that means drinks. This nice man I think he was the manager came out with our drinks and said sorry about the hold up and another gal came out with drinks for the car behind us. I was surprised and I thought I said did you hear me complaining about the wait. I don't remember saying what Psymon says I said. But there you have it my recollection of the day(s).

So to Psymon I say stick with the contacts it will get easier and you will truly enjoy them. And may this be the end of this story. Off to have an ice cold glass of Tea Java.

Mrs. Potts

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't yell at them because it was their job... and they were telling me things I didn't already know.