Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Milestones

It seems we mark life by milestones. Various things that mark the passage of time in our lives and our families lives. Some milestones are simple and yet others save us money. Some milestones in my life have included: no more diapers to buy - this was a huge one in so many many ways. Another was the completion for preschool for both kids and no more preschool expenses, however this was followed by another milestone the start of kindergarten followed by all day school the next year. Completion of elementary school and middle school have also been milestones. Another milestone was the start of drivers ed for joyful and then the permit followed by the license and then driving alone. Psymon is half way through this milestone event now that he has his learners permit. Yesterday was another milestone event it was the last trip to the orthodontist for Psymon. It was has last retainer check. No more visits, no more checks or rubber bands to find laying around. After six years visiting the orthodontist with both kids I feel joy and sorrow. Joy that we have no more visits and no more checks to right but really after six years these people are my friends. I'm going to miss them - ok not that much. But it just made me think another milestone has come and gone. Yes there are many more to look forward to like high school and college graduations, first jobs, living on their own and getting married.

Wow theres still a lot to come. I think I need a cup of tea and time to ponder this some more. The previous milestones look easy the ones ahead look challenging and expensive. If you have any milestones you would like to share please do. Leave me a comment.

Mrs. Potts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't try and think about more...trust me, they just keep coming at cha!

Scary!

I love ya, and I'm here if you need me!