Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hooked Another One!

Nothing brings me more joy than having others join me in my addiction to tea. I am happy to say I have another "addict" joining my addiction to tea. I must say Steph was much easier to hook all the way around than I thought. Steph had a slight interest in hot tea, and I used that to my advantage. I started slowly offering cups of hot tea when ever she came over. When visiting her home I would be the true tea snob and take my own tea bags and off course share with her. Once Step was hooked on the taste it was time to move to the next phase. The proper way to prepare the tea and drink it. I worked on this slowly explaining over time how to brew the tea and let it steep. I even wormed my way into a guest spot on her blog explaining my obsession with tea. (side note this is what led to my blog you are reading right now). Which of course she read and learned from! Next I bought her a box of my favorite black tea. So she would have it at her house when I came over - but I knew once it was in her home she would be drinking it her self. I was just the excuse to have the right kind of tea on the shelf. Next Steph was so kind and had a birthday! The perfect opportunity for me to push her over the edge with the tea drinking. I gave her a bone china mug for tea drinking along with the perfect biscuits (cookies for those of you who are not tea snobs). She was hooked! Once you drink from a bone china mug you will never go back to a regular mug of tea. Unless you are in a truly desperate situation and its the only way you are going to get a cup of tea. I was feeling good I had accomplished alot but I still had the Tea Java to go. I knew I had made progress with this iced tea (its the only ice tea worth drinking in my opinion) as Step would drink it on occasion when coming to my house. I also knew she was interested when she blogged about the Tea Java and posted a picture. Now for the final push. It was a HOT week we were expected to reach 100 plus and Step was over visiting. I did what any good friend would do, I sent her home with a nice bottle of Tea Java. Perfect for those hot summer days. I have to say folks it worked! Step is both hooked on true black tea and also the Tea Java. I know because she is now ordering her own cases of Tea Java and e-mails or blogs while drinking her black tea from her bone china mug.

Let me just say welcome Step. You could have worse addictions than Tea and hey its healthy in so many ways.

If you want to read Steps blog just click on the SerenityNow button to the right of this post.

Ok - typing about the tea has made me thirsty - so I am off to fix a cup of black tea in my fine bone china mug. Later today when the temperature warms up I'll start on the Tea Java!

Happy Sipping,

Mrs. Potts

1 comment:

Queen B said...

Ok. I have to admit that I am a tea novice. I don't know how to do it. But I have an interest...that is a start, right?

Looking forward to learning more!!